Elton + Hampton Architects
HomeAbout UsNew WorkPortfolioClientsCommunitiesContact

126 Franklin Street
369 Haverhill Street

Lawrence, MA

Client:

Lawrence Development Group

The St. Anne’s Church (1903) and St. Anne’s Parish Hall (1873) have stood among Lawrence’s architectural treasures, and contributed to the community’s social and spiritual vitality, for over a hundred years. Although both buildings have been unused for ten to twenty years, the current proposal to reuse these significant buildings as a cultural and performance arts complex will insure that they remain as a positive presence in the life of the community.

The exterior of St. Anne’s Church, as well as the main interior spaces, will be largely restored to original condition, and will accommodate an audience of 850, in seating that can be removed and stored to permit use of the space in flexible ways.

St. Anne’s Parish Hall, which has been reconfigured for many uses over its lifetime, will be restored to an open performance or reception area at its main and balcony levels, while a complimentary modern addition will provide new lobby, elevator, and loading areas at the ground floor.

Home | About | New Work | Portfolio | Clients | Communities | Contact

Contents copyright © 2004-2010 Elton + Hampton Architects
Site hosted by circle tree, LLC